Success is a coveted goal that many individuals strive to achieve. While the path to success may seem elusive, there are certain habits that highly successful people consistently employ to propel themselves forward. These individuals have honed their routines and practices over time, allowing them to navigate challenges, embrace opportunities, and achieve their goals with unwavering determination.
In this article, we will explore ten such habits that have proven to be key drivers of success, empowering yourself to unlock your true potential.
10 Fail-Proof Habits of Highly Successful People
- Jump Start Your Morning. The way you begin your morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. Creating good morning habits will prepare you not only for the day but for the week and can positively or negatively affect your future success. One of the most beneficial of our everyday habits to develop as successful person is fighting the urge to hit that infamous snooze button. It becomes easy to press over and over again before finally rolling out of bed into your day. Still, it doesn’t produce the “Do-It-Now” attitude needed to develop self-discipline and become successful. Here’s a rule of thumb, if it is the easy choice, it is not the right choice. Easy decisions never made anyone successful. So, hit the ground running!
- Read and Reflect. Getting off to a running start doesn’t mean your life as a high-achiever has to be a whirlwind of chaos and confusion. Instead, highly successful people invest the first hour or so of their day practising “leading their life from quiet.” It is all about intentionality. The most successful people in today’s world read five times more than the average person. Warren Buffett reads 500-1000 pages of a book a day, and when Elon Musk was a young man, he would read around 10 hours a day. Reading has been shown to increase life expectancy, boost happiness and overall life satisfaction, alleviate anxiety, and depression, and reduce stress levels by 68%. It is an excellent habit to develop and a perfect opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
- Fuel up. Giving your body the proper nutrients its needs is essential for maintaining a successful lifestyle. Eating healthy foods and taking necessary supplements increases drive, energy, and focus. It’s easy when you’re running day to day to fight the temptation to grab fast food or takeout, but studies show the benefits of eating healthy-fueled food will allow you to work harder and smarter. On top of reading and self-development, our bodies should be the highest priority in working to achieve success. When our bodies are strong, and our minds are sharp, we are virtually unstoppable, and the sky’s the limit.
- Work hard. Highly successful people work harder than others for two reasons. Firstly, they usually enjoy their work, so work feels more like play than work and secondly, they know hard work beats talent every time because talent doesn’t work hard; it comes naturally. Many times those who are the most talented do not become the most successful among us because, from an early age, they came to believe they could succeed by their talents alone. If this were true, and you could succeed based solely on your talents, many college professors, who are very gifted intellectually, would be billionaires based on their IQ. Instead, we find college dropouts like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates to be the leaders and definitions of success and intelligence simply because of their focus and diligence. Australian Billionaire Peter J. Daniels once said, “Having a long-term goal provides a catalyst for motivation at every waking moment.”
- Work smart. Successful people work smart. Hard work is important, but it doesn’t matter how hard you work to lift a crate filled with gold if you don’t get in the forklift. Hard work alone isn’t the answer to success and wealth if you’re not focused on “working smart” through creativity and innovation. Working smart as a successful person looks like setting goals, prioritizing those goals, and taking necessary steps each day to accomplish those goals. Focused goal-setting is an essential, if not the most essential habit cultivated by successful people.
- An Attitude of Gratitude. Successful people are not immune to hard things in life; bad things happen to all of us. What gives highly successful people the ability to overcome is their outlook. Instead of focusing on the adverse event at hand, they apply their energy and focus on their response to it. The same attitude can be found in optimistic people, and interestingly enough, many optimistic individuals are also successful. It’s all in your perspective and attitude. People who don’t understand the concepts of controlling their thoughts and practising gratitude will struggle under their circumstances and be controlled by them. Those with a positive mindset will often have successful outcomes, no matter what circumstances they face.
- Exercise. Regular exercise is one of the best routines you can establish in your life to become highly successful. You’ll be in better shape, you’ll have more energy, and you will have more clarity. Not only does exercise increase energy and clear brain fog, but people have found themselves to be more positive and happier.
- Serve. Contrary to popular opinion, highly successful people do not focus on the shallow and short-lived gratification which money brings. Many focus on serving and giving because serving and giving create value. Everyone is searching for value and meaning in their lives, and the greatest fulfilment one can receive comes through blessing others, but many are held back by financial obstacles. One powerful driving force in gaining success and wealth other than stability and freedom is the ability to give back and make a difference. Acquiring wealth and success while desiring to serve others creates a dichotomy bringing unexpected satisfaction and joy
- Run Towards Problems. In the words of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music, “You can’t escape from your problems, you have to face them!” As true as it was then, it remains today that many people run away from problems and decisions. Successful people not only face them but run toward them. Fear is a common reason why people don’t pursue their dreams, make the first step, or speak up, but fear is an illusion, and 85% of our fears never happen. Once people learn to turn around and run toward their problems, fears, or indecisions in their life, the faster they will succeed, their problem-solving skills will increase, and the fear of failure will leave because they already fell numerous times and got back up on top.
- Invest in Yourself. Did you notice everything listed above is about investing in yourself? Yet highly successful people go even further to invest in themselves. They focus on the principle of The Slight Edge and work on turning simple disciplines into massive successes and happiness. When they desire to learn, they search out ways to supercharge their learning and increase their value and skillset. They attended conferences, take classes, hire coaches, and join mastermind groups. Investing in yourself as a successful person is one of the most powerful lessons to learn to become a highly successful and fulfilled person.
the path to success is not a mysterious and intangible concept but rather a result of deliberate habits and actions. Highly successful people understand the power of consistent routines and the impact they can have on their journey.
Remember, success is not an overnight phenomenon but a culmination of dedicated effort and strategic choices. So, whether you’re pursuing personal or professional aspirations, incorporating these habits into your daily life can help you navigate the challenges and thrive in your endeavours.
Dare to dream big, persevere through setbacks, and adopt some that fit yourself on the path to becoming a highly successful individual.